Join an expanding & succesful studio about to lanch in IPO.
50+ employees focusing on mobile and VR gaming.
Original IP as well as have a substantial games for Hollywood IPs
Wiling to consider overseas candidates & offer visa sponsorship & relocation.
Remote onboarding but preference for Melbourne onsite post lockdown
Senior Game Designer
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in designing high-quality, audience-focused games, and demonstrated knowledge in high-quality, free-to-play mobile game experiences.
- Design and drive the vision and implementation of features and game systems
- Collaborate with team members to deliver design specifications for player engagement/retention
- Work closely with UX/UI to design wireframes and paper prototypes
- Develop concepts for gameplay and progression systems throughout the player lifecycle to maximize engagement, monetization, and retention.
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing
- Create and maintain GDDs, functional spec designs, and design templates
- Develop data-gathering methods for game balancing and tuning
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure the game design and player engagement targets are prioritized, monitored and delivered upon
- Generate actionable changes from research and live data
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and rapidly iterate via playtesting
- Guide and mentor Junior Designers while sharing skills and knowledge
- Seek regular feedback from peers and playtesting to validate systems designs
- Create excellent documentation that helps the team understand the intricacies of your designs
- Present your designs, cultivate buy-in, seek peer review on a regular basis
- Collaborate with the team across disciplines, including engineering, design, and art to develop world-class gameplay experiences
- Analytics-based tuning and projecting
- Experience working on a mobile F2P game from concept through live service
- 5+ years of game design experience including larger studios ( not only small indie teams)
- Designed and developed major game systems for at least one shipped mobile title
- Demonstrable content creation skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative in a highly dynamic environment
- Creatively, analytically and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- Ability to research, design for, understand and be passionate about a variety of audience types, including kids, casual, female majority, core, etc.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Desired Skills And Experience
- Experience working within Unity3D
- Sound knowledge in analytics and product management
- Able to take client Requests for Proposals (RFPs) & deliver outstanding pitches back to the client
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Scripting experience
Feel free to contact me anytime to get full studio details or to apply.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games