You will join a small team building new creative experiences, creating and refining ideas, and then rapidly prototyping and iterating. This creative sandbox will be in development for a while, so you need to be comfortable in a changing landscape where lots of work may get thrown out, and learning new systems and ideas happens regularly.
You have a background in AAA games - and ideally worked on projects with layered systems for players to explore. You want to work on something different, leveraging those design ideas into a new context focused on enabling player creativity, finding ways to use your design skills to enable other people to design.
You will build many proof of concept prototypes - paper prototypes, in-engine experiences, diagrams - whatever is needed, and help lift that work into the larger technical framework. Speaking of that, while you won't be primarily coding, a strong understanding of systems and technical processes is important, as both our toolset and design needs require a lot of procedural experience.
Example of responsibilities
- Turn discussions of "I wonder if..." into prototype plans, help your team to land ideas
- Rapidly build (and likely discard...) many prototypes of many styles
- Help drive various development efforts, spend some time "wearing a producer hat"
- Explore and understand other creative tools, and learn from them
- Drive creative collaboration - prototype, share with others, iterate
We think you need
We would love if you have
- A creative and curious mind
- Ability to overcome truly unique design challenges in a complex open-ended context
- Experience and enjoy working with new technology and new ideas (even when they don't work out)
- Flexible design mindset that adapts to and furthers the ideas and work of your teammates
- Ability to document and provide vision while mostly being hands-on in software and communication
- 10+ years of creative work across multiple types of games
- Some hands-on experience with modern coding or art tools
- Experience working within or towards R&D, or in similar context
- Participated in game jams or other small focused creative development
- Worked with tool-sets for creating interactive experiences (Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Experience with Roblox, Dreams, Super Mario Maker, or other "creative" games
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application. "