Welcome to Bossa Studios! Our multi-cultural and daring London team creates distinctive games that millions of people love, all across the globe. Close collaboration between our teams, our players and our fans is at the heart of our unique way of developing and marketing our games.
On bad days, we make original games. On good days, we make genre-defining gaming experiences.
If you're an avid gamer, you will know us for our top hits including Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread & BAFTA-winning Monstermind.
As part of Bossa's Development team, you will help define, develop and maintain the operations procedures to keep our genre defining multiplayer games live.
You should be an experienced DevOps Engineer with the ability to implement and manage a live operations pipeline to streamline the deployment of game code into the cloud. You should be able to work in a small-sized team and support and design effective operations procedures for multiple live games.
- Manage and maintain live operations of the game on a day-to-day basis
- Participate in an on-call roster
- Design and implement efficient operations procedures
- Supporting your colleagues by helping to provide guidance on best practices in regards to operations
- Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Develop deployment pipelines
- Provide comprehensive documentation on all aspects of live operations
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Data management skills
- Being committed to providing scalable, reliable service to our players and internal users
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Passion for playing games
- Focused but adaptable; flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment
- Able to provide after-hours support for online services and systems
- Good experience with scripting language either Python or Bash
- Excellent Linux knowledge and skills
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfortable use of Source control (Git)
- Strong experience with public clouds, ideally GCP, AWS or Azure
- Proficient in leveraging CI/CD to automate testing and deployment (Bonus Jenkins or GitLab CI/CD)
- Experienced managing especially relational, but also NOSQL, databases (Bonus points for Postgres specifically)
- Working knowledge of networking, Load balancers and Load balancing methodologies
- Experienced with the AWS application suite (Bonus points if you have experience with provisioning it using Terraform)
- Knowledgeable on one of the major configuration management tools (Bonus points for Ansible, but others like Chef also useful).
- Experience with Docker, and a good knowledge of (ideally experience with) container orchestration (in particular Kubernetes)
- Annual Holiday Allowance - our holiday year runs from 1st January- 31st December. We offer all employees a starting holiday allowance of 22 days + UK bank holidays. This allowance will increase by one day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA) â€" you will immediately be eligible to join Bossa's healthcare scheme which is provided by BUPA.
- Life Assurance â€" you would immediately be entitled to be part of Bossaâ€™s Life Assurance scheme which in the unfortunate event of an employeeâ€™s death their subsidiaries will receive a tax free lump sum payment of 4 times their annual salary.
- Pension Scheme â€" we match up to 5% of any money that you pay into the pension pot.
- Employee Assistance Programme â€" you will immediately have access to a 24/7 confidential helpline that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
- Supportive family polices - six months fully paid maternity leave and three months fully paid paternity leave
- Cyclescheme - The Cyclescheme allows you to get up to Â£1,000 worth of bike and accessories through Bossa. You then pay a monthly â€salary sacrificeâ€™ to effectively 'hire' the bike and kit, over a 12 month period.
- Discounted gym membership
- BYOB - Bring Your Own Bossian, of course! - awesome referral bonus
- Eye Tests - Bossa will provide you with an eye test voucher and will also cover up to Â£40 towards a new pair of glasses.
- Travel to Work Loan â€" itâ€™s a scheme to help Bossians out with the way they pay for their work travel expenses. Bossa lends you the money to pay for your annual travel ticket up front. We then take out a repayment from your net salary on monthly basis which can either be spread over 10 months or 12 months.
- Healthy Mondays, free snacks, fruit, drinks and just about a 100 types of tea for you to enjoy
- Aaaand more: we have fantastic company culture, loads of social events, company updates (with booze and fancy non-alcoholic drinks) and we're in the centre of London (food is amazing here!)