A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK's biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Key Duties Include:
- Work closely with your business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making. build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate, and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider Studio.
- Collaborate with data engineering teams to build model deployments and data pipelines.
- Cleaning and forming data in both proof of concept modeling and production.
- Build tools and data services to enable data-driven decision making.
- Stay up to date with industry and data science standard technologies, and evangelize them among the team when relevant.
- Strong SQL, R and Python skills.
- Knowledge and experience training, evaluating, and deploying models.
- Experience with applied Statistics or Quantitative Research.
- Experience with Decision tree, SVM, Classifier models, NLP and word bags and how to apply them.
- Applied Experience in some of the following XGboost, scikit, Pytorch, Spark and tensorflow.
- Skilled at forming and cleaning data sets to optimize data model performance.
- Ability to select appropriate tool set and application for optimal usage.
- You are passionate about games and using data to improve player experiences.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present results to people with various backgrounds and experiences.
- Someone who can explain and coach others in areas of expertise and usage.
- A degree in STEM subjects or relevant experience.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don't meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.