Permanent | Full Time
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent developer working on its next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by Ex-Crytek board member, CSO Alexander Zoll, together with serial entrepreneur and CEO, Vlad Korolev. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla's formidable team of talent come from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers, including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ and more. Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp joined Gunzilla as Chief Visionary Officer. In addition, the team features industry veterans like video game writer Olivier Henriot who helped shape the story of such notable games such as Assassin's Creed, The Division, Far Cry and many more, and Richard K. Morgan, the author of the Altered Carbon series, which has since been adapted into a popular Netflix show. Gunzilla's Chief Technology Officer Timur Davidenko led the development of CryEngine as Technical Director, and worked on Far Cry, Warface and Crysis. Art Director Jussi Keteli was involved in the iconic Gears of War series, Star Citizen and Hunt: Showdown.
• Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
• We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we're strong together, we thrive together.
• Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
• Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
• Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We're proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we're building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is seeking a talented Senior Character Artist to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating memorable faces, a solid grasp of anatomy, and a strong understanding of character composition as applied to characters. As a senior, the person in this position should have a discerning eye for style without sacrificing quality or composition. The Senior Character Artist will also have a hand in researching for tools to implement and maintain in the character art pipeline.
As a Senior Character Artist, you will:
• Create and texture highly detailed 3D character models for AAA games
• Work directly with the Art Director, Lead Character Artist, and Concept team to create character assets
• Cooperate with freelance artists and art outsourcers to help convey character art direction as needed
• Collaborate with other disciplines such as Tech Art, Animation, and Design to understand gameplayREQUIREMENTS, technological issues as well as how they relate to the character art and implementation
• Serve as a mentor for char* acter artists junior to you
• Excellent artistic eye for human proportions, shape language, composition, and lighting
• Full understanding of PBR materials pipeline and character rigging fundamentals
• Excellent working knowledge of industry-standard graphics applications (e.g. High poly/low poly modeling in Zbrush/Maya or Max, texturing in Substance Painter, cloth simulation in Marvelous Designer, etc.)
• Solid understanding of the video game industry and awareness of video game development processes (e.g., real-time game engines, 3D model toolsets, and production pipelines)
• Previous management experience/team collaboration and mentoring will be an advantage
• Previous experience of working in the game industry or studio
• Familiarity with data management software (like Perforce) will be a plus
• Flexible Working & Work from Home
• Health Insurance
• Revenue Based Bonuses
• English / German Courses
• 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
• Public Transportation
• Relocation & Accommodation Support
• Office Perks & Gym Membership
Keep Calm and waka waka...