- Rapidly expanding studio with jobs in Melbourne & Gold Coast studios
- Currently has 120+ employees focusing on mobile, PC, console & VR gaming.
- Original IP & work for worldwide studio projects
- Visa sponsorship & relocation 2022 for Senior & Lead candidates only.
C++ GamePlay Engineer
This studio is looking for a highly skilled C + + Programmer to join a talented team in developing a game for PC, VR, Mobile and console platforms. Focused on gameplay programming skills and will help bring their games to the next level by joining a team that holds the player’s experience at the core of its mission.
If you enjoy working in a scaling environment where growth opportunities abound then this is a great
opportunity to carve your own niche.
- Develop game features within Unreal or a Proprietary game engine
- All the way from iterating on feature design through to testing and delivery
- Work collaboratively and communicate with game designers, artists, animation, and audio teams.
- Develop tools and systems for our team to empower the creation of great content
- Setup and potentially automate deployment of the project to all target platforms
- Contribute to the team’s design vision to build a fun and exciting game
- Continue improving and updating the game in a live operation environment post-release
What You Bring To The Role
- Proven experience in understanding and writing effective C++ code.
- Experience in all parts of a software life cycle
- Practical understanding of math used in gameplay
- Clear communication skills and enjoy working with peers from art, animation, and audio teams
- Creative, motivated, focused, and passionate about making great games
- The ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done without day-to-day direction
- Think on their feet and respond quickly to changing requirements
- Tackle problems as they arise and compose solid solutions with an eye for the long term health of the codebase
- Worked and developed games using server-side solutions
- Understanding of writing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Strong optimisation skills and can identify bottlenecks in computational or memory complexity at a glance
- Game engine development experience, whether making your own hobby engine, or submitting changes to an existing one
- Graphics or technical art as a hobby - writing your own shaders (compute or otherwise), optimizing draw calls, or just making things shiny
- Experience working with build systems (such as Jenkins) in order to improve the stability and reliability of your codebase
Please contact me anytime for full studio details or to apply.
Or request a list of all our current programming jobs on one pdf.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 427 690 971