Senior Brand Manager
Bethesda Softworks @ Rockville, MD, US
The Senior Brand Manager will work closely with marketing and product development to ensure our games are commercially viable, achieve P&L goals, have a strategic marketing plan, and are successfully brought to market and managed throughout their lifecycle as ongoing brands.
- Requires a BA in Business, Marketing or Communications.
- 5+ years’ experience in brand and/or product marketing required.
- Excellent communication/organizational skills, consumer brand experience a must.
- In-depth knowledge of games as a service or solid understanding of service-oriented products; experience in games as a service marketing and management preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must be articulate and professional, as this position is required to present to several groups internally and externally.
- Ability to build brands, create and uphold product positioning, set goals and objectives with methods to measure success and failures is crucial.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Experience managing P&L, having owned marketing budgets and revenue goals of significant scale.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Plan, develop, and analyze branding communications, advertising, promotional and PR programs to drive P&L goals and core KPIs of the brand, including sales, user metrics, and overall ROI. This will include consulting with management and working directly with members of product development, legal, finance, sales, and the wider marketing team in strategic planning, forecasting and analysis, creative execution and media planning.
- Lead and mentor a brand marketing team; spearheading creative and promotional execution against brand vision; strategy; and P&L goals, managing workload, mentoring and driving personal growth of your team.
- Coordinate with international marketing teams to ensure the overall brand vision and strategy is maintained globally, and that global goals are met.
- Develop strong, working relationships with key development team members to serve as the day-to-day contact and advocate between the development and marketing groups.
- Work with cross-functional teams on product forecasting and goal setting and track plans against goals to make data-driven strategic marketing and product recommendations.
- Build and manage global marketing budget(s) in coordination with global marketing, community, PR, and content teams.
- Identify key-success factors for the game, build its final positioning, and benchmark your analysis against consumer research studies.
- Serve as primary brand liaison and advocate with internal publishing groups, and external platforms and partners to identify and assess potential opportunities and strategic alliances to expand products sales and lifecycle.
- Conduct and analyze market research data to define product positioning, as well as monitor competitive activity and identify consumer needs.