At PlayStation London Studio, we are on a mission to make award-winning, landmark games. Our upcoming PlayStation 5 online multiplayer game will be focused on a brand-new IP we are extraordinarily excited about.
Our new game is close to our hearts, as the whole team collaborated on coming up with the concept from the very beginning. We've seen this idea grow from a seed, and now we're looking for new starters to continue our journey on shaping our plans for this AAA project.
We're also a part of the PlayStation Studios family, a collective of teams - from Insomniac to Naughty Dog and many more. As such, we have solid support system - often knowledge sharing industry advancements so that all our studios, individually lead the way to create memorable gaming experiences.
As a member of that family of Studios, we have access to a world class Audio department who can provide a truly spectacular quality of assets, and we need someone to join our team to help get the absolute best out of them and make our next game an audio tour de force.
We would love to find an Audio Designer who enjoys getting involved in gameplay design and making audio and haptics an intrinsic part of our game experience. We want a Designer who can help us build Audio Style guide covering all things from Music to voice actor performance and SFX.
You will be responsible for helping to lay the foundations for audio workflows and tooling in our proprietary engine. We want someone who can manage and support the creative development, and integration of audio as a central pillar of our latest project.
Scope of Work
Experience / Knowledge
- Work with the product directors, audio department and game team, develop an Audio & Haptic Style guide which can be communicated to the studio and external partners
- Help our tools team to design, implement, and maintain world class technical audio systems, and workflows in a sustainable & scalable way that aligns with the team's best practices.
- As a fully integrated member of the Design team, take ownership of prototyping and implementing audio into our gameplay features.
- As the Game team's representative, work with PlayStation Studio's Audio Department to create the required assets and get them into the game.
- A good working knowledge of game design principles and process and can contribute expert feedback to the team.
- Experience working with industry standard audio middleware such as Wwise.
- Experience with DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) such as Sound Forge, Logic Pro, Reaper etc.
- You have experience creating, owning and delivering large scale audio features for AAA games, preferably on PC and Console.
- Experience in game engines and tools such as Unity or Unreal.
- Visual scripting experience (blueprint / nodegraph etc..) which allows you to prototype and implement Audio into existing game features.
- Games industry experience in audio design, implementation, production and tooling.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Experience working with proprietary toolsets.
- Knowledge in acoustics/DSP (digital signal processing).
- Knowledge in studio and outdoor recording.
- A basic understanding on 3D audio (Ambisonics/HRTF) and the impact this has on asset design.
- Experience scripting in C# or C++.
- Experience working on GaaS, 'Live Service' and multiplayer games.
We encourage you to bring your best-unaltered self to work. Inclusivity is one of our studio values, which means we embrace different perspectives to fuel our creativity and we know that our games are stronger for it!
It is important to us that our teams are passionate about diversity and inclusion. They must understand that these words speak to people's lived experiences that may differ to their own. We encourage our teams to educate themselves and show support and their commitment to DE&I (diversity, equity, and inclusion). As an example, some of our outreach activities include giving talks, mentoring, speaking at schools, running roundtables and much more.
We therefore welcome applications from all groups who are underrepresented in the games industry. We can offer training to upskill our team, so if you don't feel you meet 100% of the job criteria, we still strongly encourage you to apply and look forward to hearing from you.
Our roles can be flexible in terms of work location in the UK. We will consider the individual's preference for hybrid, remote or onsite working. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate remote working outside of the UK.
However, if you wish to relocate to the UK and require sponsorship, we can support you with the visa process.
We have so many benefits, and we felt that if we listed them all out here it might look like we are bragging! What we can say is that we have you covered, from health and wellbeing, to finance and personal development, there is something there for everyone! If you would like to know more head to our benefits and perks page!#LI-Remote