We are hiring for a technical leader to work on a new city-building mobile game with daring category innovations and high social connectivity. We are looking for candidates who excel at architecting and coding large mobile F2P games, and who proactively contribute solutions themselves and also encourage ideas in others.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Driving the definition of the technical architecture for the game on the client side and the coordination with server technology
- Collaborating with all disciplines to create technical and gameplay prototypes and features for mobile devices
- Ensuring the creation of well-designed, adaptable, and testable software for mobile devices
- Architecting and writing production-ready code after prototyping
- Managing the engineering team; working with leadership and producers to prioritize and schedule feature work, properly assign tasks, etc., to execute the product vision
- Gathering and sharing knowledge across Zynga
- Setting asset budgets and developing asset workflows with the art team
- Coordinating with central technical teams
What we offer you:
- You have developed and released multiple games using Unity as a technical director or lead architect
- Having taken titles from concept to execution to live operations, you have comprehensive experience with both assessing and selecting third party tech solutions, and creating custom solutions
- You know what it takes to launch a mobile game, from soft launches to full releases
- You have deep experience with C#, plus a thorough understanding of mobile CPU and GPU hardware
- You are an authority when it comes to first-class game architecture
- You have subject matter expertise in multiple areas, such as multiplayer, UI/UX, graphics, tools, systems, game engines, etc.
- You have deep understanding of design patterns, memory/performance optimization, and how to summarize and share knowledge
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.