Cloud Imperium is looking for a Senior Animator to work with the design team under direction of the Game Director and Animation Director on animation related areas within squadron 42 and Star Citizen.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with the animation director, animation lead, and senior animators on implementing animation within the game engine
- Create keyframe animation and work with motion capture data for in-game assets while following the given style guide
- Ensure timely completion of animation commitments at the desired quality level
- Partner with designers, programmers, and other involved departments
- 4+ years of professional experience in game development as an animator
- Shipped two to three large-scale 3D titles from pre-production to release (PC, current or next-gen consoles)
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from concept to implementation
- Expert knowledge of Maya and other equivalent software
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with a specific demonstration of animation fundamentals
- Experience with next-generation AAA game engines
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remain positive, and motivate your team
- Expert in time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team
- Open to critique
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Willing to relocate to Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
- Knowledge of Lumberyard
- Motion capture experience (MotionBuilder)
- Cinematography knowledge
- Experience with rigging
- Strong interest in sci-fi themes
- Experience with outsourcing and/or collaboration with external studios
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.