£0 - £0 Per Hour
Brighton, United Kingdom
Business Operations and Analytics
Permanent | Full Time
SENIOR AI PROGRAMMER, Brighton, UK
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together - the belief that Every Player's Story is Unique. We are comprised of a diverse group of people, from industry veterans with experience working on big franchises, to talented former indie entrepreneurs and recent graduates. Hangar 13 is based in four vibrant locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based within our brand new Brighton location, who will partner with the other Hangar 13 sites in California and the Czech Republic to develop all of our future games as one global team. Led by General Manager Nick Baynes, Hangar 13's Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games using bleeding-edge proprietary engine technology.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Senior AI Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences. Design, develop, implement and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of designers and engineers to design, prototype, and implement new AI systems
- Provide the Lead Engineer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project's technical requirements
- Adhere to the project's coding standards.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Help mentor and support more junior members of the team
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of programming experience in a creative environment
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Experience working on AI
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with other non-technical disciplines
- Expertise in C/C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
Keep Calm and waka waka...