This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Do you love designing and analyzing game mechanics? Are you fascinated with the nuances of weapon design, AI & encounter design, and combat abilities? Do you love creating unique and deep gameplay systems? We’re looking for a passionate designer to join our team and be a primary contributor to the design of our next game, with a focus on combat design.
- Design, implement, and balance gameplay systems such as player abilities and weapons
- Design and implement combat encounter objectives and dynamic events
- Prototype your ideas using our in-house scripting language and other tools
- Act as producer for your work, collaborating across disciplines to get work done and clear dependencies, ensuring deadlines are met, and championing aspects of the gameplay
- Work directly with artists, programmers, animators and other game designers to contribute to the vision of the game
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong scripting ability (Computer Science undergraduate degree or games scripting preferred)
- Strong methodology and problem solving ability and with a focus on creative, fun and innovative solutions
- Strong and effective communication skills and organizational ability
- Exceptional team player with the ability to collaborate without losing sight of the gameplay vision
- Willingness to take design direction when offered
- Experience playing third-person console games and multiplayer console games
- 3D layout experience (single player or multiplayer)
- Good working knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max or similar 3D package
- Experience developing third-person action games
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete a design test.