Code – Edinburgh, Edinburgh, City of
The Script Support Programmer is responsible for supporting the day to day work of the script team, reviewing internal work, debugging and fixing possible problems in the systems implemented in either C++ or in a scripting language with the support of Senior Programmers.
They are also expected to be able to deal with other disciplines to resolve problems and elicit requirements. A Script Support Programmer should have some understanding of best practice and standard techniques in gameplay systems and will seek to learn more about innovations within the industry.
- Deliver high quality C++ and script code using appropriate levels of abstraction.
- Support script team in the use of gameplay and engine systems.
- Identify and debug technical problems with some help for complex problems.
- Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks with oversight.
- Communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
- Request support from higher levels when required.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures).
- Awareness of multithreading concepts and able to use multi-threading primitives with guidance.
- Awareness of networking concepts and able to use networking primitives with help.
- Capable of reading and understanding game code.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Professional videogame programming experience on gameplay or scripting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.