Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a 2D UI Artist to work at our studio in Brighton, UK.
We are looking for someone who has strong illustration skills and at the same time possesses a somewhat technical mind. They can create beautiful, high-end rendered graphics but understand or is willing to learn the technical side of how a programmer and/or a software programmer requires these assets to be set up and saved to work inside a game. Time will be balanced between creating art and doing set up in our tools system and importing game-ready assets ready for our programmers to use.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, and Realm Royale as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our UI Artist Do:
- Create Icon assets for badges, achievements, buttons iconography as well as other UI menu assets.
- Work closely with and take direction from the Art Director to maintain a consistent art style.
- Work closely with designers and provide ideas on how to best convey important game information to the player by creating icons that visually convey game and character designs.
- Work closely with programmers and create an efficient workflow to generate and implement assets into the game.
Who we are looking for:
- Has great passion and creativity for interface design, with strong art skills regarding iconography and 2D graphics, and a good understanding of interface functionality.
- Strong conceptual and traditional art skills. (Can’t stress this one enough).Excellent portfolio showing all phases of game asset production from roughs through finished assets.
- At least 3+ years industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and other 2D illustration programs.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating solid UI iconography and illustrative ability.
- Ability to conceptualize and paint a wide variety of icons and UI elements to support the game.
- Proactive work ethic and be a capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges.
- Plays and enjoys computer and console games
Preferred candidates have:
- Worked on at least 1 shipped game title as a 2D Artist / User Interface Artist.
- After Effects experience a plus.