Work in Berlin for one of the leading cross-platform games communities! With over 70 games on our own website, social networks, and mobile devices, GameDuell is Germany’s largest games community.
As a Quality Assurance Tester, you ensure that your project is developed and released to meet stakeholder and customer quality standards. You are embedded in a development team and constantly strive to improve the product and its processes.
- Report, investigate, and follow up on bugs during the full life cycle
- Assess, measure, and report on the overall quality of a product and actively participate in its development
- Write, update, and carry out comprehensive, detailed, and well-structured test plans and test cases for web and mobile
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Execute manual and automated test cases
- Develop effective testing strategies
- “Green light” our releases – nothing goes online without your approval
- Assist our release and deployment processes
- Work in cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle
- Take responsibility for all QA processes of a product
What we expect
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a QA tester in the gaming industry, preferably in mobile testing
- Solid knowledge of bug tracking tools (such as JIRA) and knowledge sharing tools (such as Confluence)
- Outstanding understanding of the current gaming trends in F2P
- Profound understanding of the mobile/software development lifecycle in an agile environment
- Experience as embedded QA with iOS, Android, and/or HTML 5 clients
- An eye for details and a well-structured, analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Great communication skills
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for learning new tools and emergent technologies
- Fluent English is mandatory
Ideally, you'll bring along
- Completed Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- Basic programming knowledge in C# or Java
- First experience and/or passion to learn more in software/mobile test automation
- Experience in working with Unity is a plus
- ISTQB Certification is a plus
What we offer
- Engaging tasks and new challenges
- Independent work with interesting possibilities for your personal development
- A versatile, friendly, and international team that guarantees fun on the job
- One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our office in Mitte! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, game events, sports courses, a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more!
- Flexible working hours
We look forward to receiving your application, including possible starting date. de with the subject line ‘Quality Assurance (QA) Tester - Games’.
Please note that applications sent by post will not be processed and cannot be returned.
* GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.