Sheffield, United Kingdom
QA and Localisation
Permanent | Full Time
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world's biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we've built and contributed to some of the world's best-loved game franchises.
It's an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo Digital's Sheffield studio is currently developing multiple titles and are expanding their experienced testing team. We are looking to add a QA Tester on a 12 month fixed term contract to work in a dev/embedded capacity.
Working in the heart of the development environment, the successful candidate will play a key part in the development process, executing testing processes and helping the project team achieve their target quality in design and implementation.
QA are embedded in our development teams and we are relying heavily on our testing team in order to be able to continue to achieve excellent results, therefore we consider this a great and exciting role for our main UK studio.
• Proven track record of QA testing 2 projects from start to completion with console testing experience
• Proactive and self-motivated, identifies problems in advance and presents innovative test approaches
• Good level of Quality Assurance knowledge with game development\components
• Bug\defect tracking based experience such as JIRA, Hansoft, Bugzilla etc.
• Very active team player with excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
• Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
• An understanding of working within an agile development team
• Experience with multiplayer action games. Plus, a strong passion for this genre.
• Knowledge of network testing including:
o Co-op functionality testing experience
• Network conditioning testing with the ability to setup and maintain tools to aid with:
o Latency testing
o Packet loss testing
o Connection restrictive testing
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Taking titles through end phase submission testing, from alpha to gold master
• Development QA from early design through to end phase testing involving:
• Grey box testing
• Black box / functional testing
• Monitoring project check-ins as well as liaising with the dev team to identify and track issues
• Daily smoke test on all target platforms
• Create, run and maintain test cases and test scenarios
• Adjustment and improvement to test approach to capture issues in the development process
• Provide feedback and suggestions to improve quality and game experience
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Keep Calm and waka waka...