Over the last 20 years Universally Speaking has built a reputation as a trusted partner in supporting studios to make some of the world's greatest games and applications.
Games are only great when you step forward and bring your best skills to the team. Are you ready for your challenge?
You will be one of the first people to experience new titles and will be part of a dynamic, high performing and multi-disciplined team whose mission is to get the game ready for release.
You'll have a passion to get things right, you are thorough in your attention to detail, you're open to learning new skills and work hard to hit deadlines.
Alongside a team of FQA/CQA testers, you'll work towards a common goal. You'll mentor, develop and coach your team to assist our development and publishing partners in crafting outstanding experiences.
What would you do at work?
- Your job is to make sure games and applications give the best end-user experience by being bug free.
- You will communicate with a broad range of global clients, from AAA to Indie, via instant messaging, emails and calls.
- To do this, you will coordinate and supervise a team of testers, to ensure they are in tune with the Universally Speaking QA processes and professional standards which we have optimised over the years to be the best in the industry.
- Collate and distribute detailed daily test reports, to overview the team's progress.
- You will delegate tasks to your team and oversee their progress to make sure they're managing time and delivering on expectations.
- You and your team will use and monitor a variety of industry standard bug databases to write and regress detailed bug reports on functionality and performance that assist the development team in polishing the game.
- You'll own, manage, create, and regularly execute test cases throughout the project life cycle. This includes document testing practises, QA process & reporting methods.
- You will play a pivotal part in developing your team's skills and knowledge in regular PDP and 1:1 sessions, so that your team is ever evolving and improving.
- Alongside our Learning and Development Coordinator, you will help to conduct training sessions with the team, to further aid onboarding and learning new skills.
- You'll actively participate in test requirement gathering with developers to ensure QA effectively tests and supports all features of the project.
- You'll be one step ahead in looking at ways to make improvements, take ownership for additional activities and create efficiencies in the way you work.
- You will be supported by a QA Project Manager that will help you to manage resources and develop project plans.
Measures of Performance
- Your communication manner with clients and ability to identify and find solutions for feedback and action plans
- Coordination of your team's priorities, progress and collaboration
- On time and thorough delivery of project milestone needs and reports
- How you are mentoring and developing your test team, with PDP guidance and training
- Continuous improvement and knowledge of QA workflow and techniques
You are a great match if you:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Are passionate about video games
- Have clear knowledge and experience of Games Functionality QA
- Have a focus on quality and a keen eye for detail
- Have Excellent Time Management and Leadership skills
- Are a team player, with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
- Are able to write accurate, unambiguous and concise documentation
- Are pro-active, tenacious, and enthusiastic
- Are happy to work in our offices in Wyboston
- Have the Right to Work in the UK
It's really useful if you have done some of the following but if not, we can teach you
- Management and execution of automated tests
- Been involved in Compatibility & Compliance QA
- Used version control software, issue task tracking or project management tools
- Have had experience leading teams
- Experience in using Jira
What can we offer you?
- Amazing opportunity to further your career in the gaming industry or QA
- To be part of an ever-expanding team of world class QA teams
- Experience working alongside development teams across the globe, from Indie to AAA, across titles of all genres and platforms
- An environment where people care for you and want you to learn and be your best
- Career progression opportunities within the company
- Day shift 8AM-4:30PM