Universally Speaking is a pre-eminent, end-to-end, game services provider for the global gaming market. Gaming is our passion and our primary focus. We are multi-award winning in Localisation and Quality Assurance, working across all time zones. We work closely with our clients and pride ourselves on our ability to become an extension of their internal teams.
With over fifteen years of experience working within the games industry as sector-specific specialists, Universally Speaking is one of the industry’s most trusted game service providers. We are recommended by the industry, for the industry.
We are looking for a passionate and curious individual to join our growing team.
As QA Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships via consistent communication, meetings and calls.
- Identifying and addressing requests and feedback from/to clients efficiently.
- Coordinating and Overseeing teams of Leads and Testers.
- Enabling smooth communication and bespoke workflows set out by the clients, for internal teams to carry out.
- Ensuring teams perform quality and timely project deliveries as per individual project requirements.
- Communicating and reporting the status of teams and projects to internal management and to clients.
- Identifying and arranging resource requirements to ensure ability to meet forecasted needs.
- Identifying, Assessing and Mitigating areas of risk prior to and during testing lifecycles.
- Tracking project financial cost and revenue to match internal expectations along with Client budgetary requirements.
- Managing, Supporting and Developing Team Leads.
- Discussing, advising, and producing quotes for clients on QA strategies and scope for varying project methodologies and for new project requests.
- Creating comprehensive QA strategies, test plans and documentation for project cycles, matching Client needs.
- Conducting high level training of systems and processes.
- AND other such duties as are within the job purpose and at the manager’s discretion.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of QA testing formats (FQA, CQA, Compatibility)
- Extensive previous experience with Testing service lines
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of Client & Internal financial requirements
- Excellent Time Management and Leadership skills
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- Pro-active, tenacious, cooperative and enthusiastic.
- Willing to undertake further training to meet the demands of the role.
- The ability to write accurate, unambiguous and concise documentation in English.
- PC Knowledge & proficient knowledge of MS Office suite of products is essential.
- Must have the right to work and be based in the UK.
- Committed and/or passionate gamer
- Knowledge of QA Tools and SDKs.