Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a Publishing Executive you enjoy helping others to achieve their goals and are familiar with the mobile games industry. You'll be reviewing the games submissions for the Publishing department and being in communication with the external developers to give them feedback about their application.
What you tell your friends you do
"I'm like a coacher, I find the most talented developers and help them to fulfil their dream of having a hit game on the market."
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Finding high quality mobile game developers/studios
- Analysing the games submitted with our experienced team and giving feedback to the developers to improve them and make them more successful.
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent and trusting relationship with the external teams.
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to find the best games and improve them so they're a success.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 60 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important publishing decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.Skills and requirements
We do we offer
- At least 6 months of experience within a relevant area for the role (external relations, sales, analysis, etc.).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Passion for games and knowledge of the mobile games industry
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that's why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Gym including free membership
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.