Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Prop Artist - VR [Unannounced Project]. We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft's greatest IP's which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR! Job Description
The 3D Prop Artist will be responsible for creating high quality 3D assets for propagation to the games environment
- Creation of high-quality 3D environment assets (props)
- Integration of 3D assets into the game engine
- Close collaboration with the Environment Artist and Level Designer for accurate placement and integration.
- Create high quality models and textures / surfaces
- Ensure performance and technical quality of 3D environment assets
- Setup destruction, dynamic objects and other functionality of art assets as required
- Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams globally in a co-dev environment
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a Props Artist in game development
- Great understanding of current gen asset creation workflows with a view to modification and improvement
- A keen eye for composition, shape, color and detail
- Very good skills in Maya, 3DS Max, sculpting program such as Zbrush and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter
- Strong texturing and painting skills
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Good Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
- Experience with outsourcing is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and man-made realistic props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety