Cloud Imperium Games under the direction of Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander, is seeking an experienced and highly organized Project Manager to join us in our Wilmslow studio!
The Project Manager will help deliver the requirements for the cutting-edge development of the record-breaking crowd-funded project, space-simulation FPS MMO Star Citizen. Candidate is reporting to the Lead Producer and is responsible for supporting the production team with communication, organization and scheduling
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and own the Star Citizen schedule to ensure reliability and accuracy through an efficient and effective process
- Drive the project planning process that gives maximum visibility on the overall status of development progress by integrating work from multiple teams
- Maintain a reliable and accurate single source of information for any key project dates and global operational processes
- Liaise with the Leadership team to understand the deliverables, goals and KPI requirements to provide visibility and status updates
- Track and manage short and long-term schedules for the project and adjusted accordingly for all upcoming releases, deadlines and milestones, accounting cross-project dependencies, resources and priorities
- Collaborate with the Leadership team to audit resource impacts and requirements for the project's overall schedule
- Identify, communicate, and support resolving any risks that may prevent the team from completing deadlines to the Leadership team
- Escalate in time and maintain close communication to avoid costly delays and miscommunications
- Anticipates and solves problems independently and collaboratively while developing collaborative relationships
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee's skills and experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience
- Experience with managing schedules and roadmaps for a live game
- Worked on at least one full game project life cycle from start to finish involving multiple disciplines
- Experience developing project schedules, status reports, dashboards and roadmaps across multiple layers of an organization
- Proficient with standard project management development tools (JIRA, Confluence, MS Office etc)
- Ample knowledge of project management methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- Very good verbal and written communication with various levels of stakeholders
- Very high self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent problem solving and relationship building skills
- Must have excellent task-tracking organizational skills
- Skilled in risk assessment, change management and scheduling
- Proactive attitude with mindset for streamlining and improvements
- Strong mediation, comfortable with conflict resolution skills and blocker resolutions
- Project Management relevant certifications such as PMP, Prince2, Agile, Scrum and Kanban
- Passion for sci-fi games and space simulations
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree
- Member of the Star Citizen community
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LTD.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.