Programming - Network Programmer
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for an Network Programmer to join our development teams on exciting new projects. You will be able to show first class planning / game architecture skills as well as technical skills.
- Working with the game-play programmers writing synchronization and prediction code.
- Implementing back end solutions based on the low-level API for a variety of platforms.
- Making certain networking implementation is compliant with the platform holder’s requirements.
- Accurately assessing task timings/complexity to assist in the writing of an accurate project schedule.
- Proactively assessing project bug databases for high-risk issues and fix patterns, work with programmers assigned bugs to ensure they are correctly fixed and tested.
- Planning, writing, debugging and maintaining computer code, often in, but not limited to, C/C++.
- Writing code in a human-readable style, using descriptive and accurate class, function and variable names, and comments where necessary.
- Carrying out assigned tasks within the time scheduled for them as agreed with your Lead Programmer / Producer.
- Clearly and accurately communicating progress on, and problems with, your assigned tasks, and the project in general, to your Lead Programmer and/or Producer.
- Ensuring that your work integrates well with the work of other team members, and functions correctly as a part of the whole project.
- At least 2 years of experience within a Games Studio
- Experience working on networked games on backend and/or gameplay side networking implementation.
- Knowledge of networked gameplay synchronization technique/online game techniques for matchmaking, error handling and reliability, network topology
- Experience of writing and debugging asynchronous systems
- Having an excellent working knowledge of programming language(s), particularly C/C++
- Be able to communicate clearly especially when relating to technical issues
- Can work with other programmers to solve technical problems
- Demonstrate a keen interest and up to date knowledge of the changes and trends in the marketplace both in terms of rendering techniques and technologies.
Knowledge in the following areas is desirable:
- Familiarity with networked games architecture design
- Experience using network middleware Unity / Unreal / Photon / AWS / GameSparks / PlayFab
- Knowledge of platform cert requirements relating to networked games
- Familiarity with online game techniques for matchmaking, session management, error-handling and reliability, network topology, object replication and prediction.
- An understanding of TCP / UDP sockets.
We offer a supportive and well-equipped working environment with competitive salaries and avenues to progress your career. There are plenty of benefits and flexibility to working with us at Team17… So, if the above role appears to match your skills and aspirations don’t hesitate to get in