We are looking for someone to join us, with this opportunity to help build and enhance our internal team alongside the Technical Director and other members of the department. This will involve recruitment of new team members, planning for technical training and skill development and supporting existing/new employees through mentoring. You will also be responsible to maintaining relationships with third party companies who provide tools we utilize in development; this can range from raising bug reports to talking about future updates and features that could be utilized by projects in development.
There are significant opportunities to grow the role over time, through management and technical specialist paths. We always encourage development and openly offer opportunities for training, conferences, and other exercises to continuously broaden your skills.
In this role you will be responsible for:
The skills and experience you will need to apply for this role include: Essential:
- Supporting multiple teams with technical knowledge and experience
- Sharing knowledge, motivating, and inspiring others to generate new ideas
- Reviewing schedules and technical planning for projects • Working with Production to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Being a technical contact for external Games Label partners for their projects
- Looking ahead to ensure risks are identified and appropriate plans put in place
- Games Development experience in a Lead or Management role.
- Team Management experience including production schedules and technical documentation
- Experience with reviewing job applications and undertaking interviews for potential new staff
- Ability to communicate cross-discipline on technical subjects to ensure clear and concise requirements are understood by all stakeholders for planned work.
- Advanced knowledge of games development processes and technologies
- Ability to prototype and introduce new technical solutions
- Advanced knowledge/experience developing games with Unreal or Unity
- Advanced knowledge of one or more programming specialisms – Systems, AI, Rendering, Networking, UI.
- Advanced C++ or C# knowledge including games architecture and optimization experience
- Experience developing games on console platforms – Xbox One, PS4, Switch
Team17 is committed to building a diverse workforce and therefore we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds making us a very innovative business to join!