Production - Production Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
The production manager is a senior role within the production department and forms part of the production leadership team.
The production manager will be responsible for a team of producers and the projects that are assigned to all direct reports. They will provide support and guidance to their production team, oversee the execution of the production function on assigned projects, and be an inspiring force within the department and wider studio.
- Direct line management of a team of senior producers, producers and associate producers.
- Mentoring, coaching and supporting assigned members of the production team.
- Monitoring available capacity and workload of all assigned members of the production team.
- Overseeing resource allocation of projects handled by the assigned production team.
- Evaluating and reviewing ongoing performance of the assigned production team.
- Facilitating the delivery of all assigned projects on time, in full and to budget.
- Ensuring effective and appropriate production processes are employed on assigned projects.
- Identifying and suggesting ongoing improvements to the production processes, methodologies and working practices employed within the studio.
- Monitoring capacity of assigned production members to ensure the optimal distribution of projects within the department.
- Facilitating and guiding the early planning phases of projects within the studio and games label.
- Involvement in milestone reviews undertaken on all assigned projects.
- At least five years of experience in a senior production role within the games industry, with proven experience of taking multiple projects from concept through to release.
- Proven experience of guiding, supporting and nurturing a team of producers.
- A natural leader who can motive, inspire and get the best out of those around them.
- A good fit within the studio environment, being friendly, approachable and with a professional work ethic.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience, with an excellent understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices.
- A strategic thinker who can maintain and share a high-level vision and plan for multiple projects.
- A clear and concise communicator, with immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and open-minded in solving scheduling issues relating to the complex development structure of game development.
- Exemplary organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a varying workload effectively.
- An excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the games industry and gaming trends.