Production - Producer
Contract Type: Permanent
The producer is responsible for delivery of projects on time and in full, and for leadership of the project teams.
- Responsible for managing both internal and external games development projects from initial concept through to release and beyond.
- Responsible for the deployment of appropriate production processes and methodology on assigned projects which support the team and facilitate the creation of the best possible games.
- Responsible for working with the development team to create a realistic project plan, defining and project’s initial scope, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for utilising good project management techniques to monitor, control and balance the overall scope, budget, schedule and quality of assigned projects.
- Providing leadership to both a project’s team of development leads and the wider project team.
- Removing impediments that arise during development to ensure that the team are able to focus on what they do best.
- Scheduling and attending development meetings on any assigned projects, setting agendas, facilitating discussions, taking notes and identifying action points arising from any meeting.
- Providing production guidance and support to Team17 Games Label partners where required.
- Undertaking milestone reviews with the relevant stakeholders to ensure they are achieved to the highest standards.
- Regular reporting of project status and risks to production managers, the commercial team and other stakeholders as required.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with others across the business and with our Games Label partners, upholding the reputation of the production department within the business.
- At least two years of experience in a production role within the games industry.
- A natural leader who can motive and drive development teams and processes.
- A good fit within the studio environment, being friendly, approachable and with a professional work ethic.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience, with a solid understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices.
- Immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and open-minded in solving scheduling issues relating to the complex development structure of game development.
- Exemplary organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise a varying workload effectively.
- Able to work extremely well under pressure.
- An excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the games industry and gaming trends.