Production - External Producer
Contract Type: Permanent
An external producer is responsible for delivery of Games Label projects on time and in full, creating great relationships with our developer partners and guiding them to deliver the best possible games.
- Managing games development projects on our Games Label from initial concept through to release and beyond.
- Building great relationships with our Games Label partners and being the primary point of contact for Games Label partners for the wider development studio.
- Working with our Games Label partners to create a realistic project plan, defining and monitoring the project’s scope, budget and schedule.
- Helping our Games Label partners to use appropriate production processes and methodology which support the team and facilitate the creation of the best possible games.
- Overseeing internal team members who are supporting our Games Label partners to deliver great games.
- Utilising good project management techniques to monitor, control and balance the overall scope, budget, schedule and quality of our games.
- Reviewing milestone deliverables and working to ensure they are fully achieved to the highest standards.
- Removing impediments that arise during development to ensure that the team are able to focus on what they do best.
- Managing the development roadmap, keeping all studios and stakeholders aware of developments throughout the project lifetime (including post-launch and service support).
- Being an advocate for all assigned games within the studio and wider business, championing the team and presenting progress to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Reporting of project status and risks to production leadership, the commercial team and other stakeholders as required.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with others across the business and with our Games Label partners, upholding the values of the production department within the business.
- Supporting senior members of the external production team to undertake production due diligence on potential Team17 Games Label developer partners.
- At least two years of experience in a production role within the games industry.
- A people person who is friendly and confident speaking to developers
- Flexible with a willingness to adapt to different relationships and ways of working.
- A good fit within the studio environment and wider business, with an emphasis on building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Strong project management skills and experience, with a solid understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices.
- Immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise a varying workload effectively.
- An excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the games industry and gaming trends.