We are Velan Studios, an independent game developer focused on creating ground-breaking innovative game experiences across existing and emerging platforms. Velan Studios’ team members have created, developed, and contributed to some of the most impactful and innovative game franchises of the last 20 years, including Skylanders, Destiny, Uncharted, Rock Band, Tony Hawk, Mario Maker, Team Fortress 2, Donkey Kong Country, and Guitar Hero.
At Velan, we believe in maintaining a collaborative, diverse, and creative team environment and we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help grow our studio.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Producer to support the production of a new title in development at Velan Studios. The Producer will work closely with the project’s key leaders to successfully execute on a new, ground-breaking, original IP. The Producer will help manage the project development from pre-production through to product launch, working with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver on all critical milestones.
If you’re an experienced game producer, we want to hear from you!
- Work with project leads to define and delineate project requirements and milestones.
- Facilitate communication and planning across project teams and sub-teams.
- Build and maintain project backlogs, roadmaps, schedules and documentation.
- Conduct regular, effective retrospectives and post-mortem reviews.
- Collaborate and support in solving problems and resolving issues across the development team.
- Coordinate the work of cross-functional development teams to manage features and content from idea generation to in-game implementation.
- Ensure features and content follow established documentation and development workflows.
- Manage the prioritization of tasks, bugs, design iteration, and user/tester feedback.
- Anticipate and address potential problems like resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes. Communicate effectively to ensure these problems are resolved quickly.
- Lead and provide mentorship to Associate Producers, Production Coordinators and QA team members.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3+ years of game industry experience, including at least one shipped AAA title.
- Experience managing teams or sub-teams of 5 to 20 developers.
- Ability to create, track, and maintain schedules across multiple teams or sub-teams.
- A deep understanding of software development processes, project management, and agile development methodologies.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in technical environments.
- Experience coordinating and/or managing engineers, artists, and/or game designers.
- Strong understanding of development workflows, production processes, testing, outsourcing, licensing, and development project management.
- An internal drive to keep team members working efficiently and effectively toward project goals.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Experience and understanding of localization requirements of different types of game assets for worldwide product releases.
- Diverse experience with Jira for task management and bug tracking; including database setup, organization, and maintenance.
- A passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Experience with speaking to press, publishing partners and game community members in an official development capacity.
- PMP Certification.
com. Be sure to reference the position you’re applying for in the subject line.
About Velan Studios:
Velan Studios’ mission is to create ground-breaking game experiences centered on new forms of play across both existing and emerging platforms. Velan Studios is an independent studio comprised of a diverse team of seasoned developers who have worked at various AAA studios like Vicarious Visions, Naughty Dog, Harmonix, Nintendo, Avalanche Studios, Retro Studios, Valve and more. Velan Studios is based in Troy, NY.