Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition, and long term retention. Our portfolio of games - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends, and Zynga Poker - span some of the fastest-growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino, and Invest Express.
Analytics Application Platform Engineering
The AAPE team builds systems and solutions for experimentation/optimization, business intelligence, user acquisition, and various other analytics applications. The experimentation and optimization systems are used by game teams to conduct A/B testing, ramping up features, and optimize various aspects of social gaming. Our business intelligence system enables game teams to discover and gather players insights to make data-driven decisions. We also work closely with the UA managers to build solutions to streamline, automate, and optimize the user acquisition workflow. In addition to the core products mentioned above, we also collaborate with our analysts and data scientists to build new applications and platforms in Analytics. Our systems are built using a variety of tech stacks, including AngularJS, React, Node.js, Java (Spring), Python, Kubernetes, Docker, and various AWS technologies.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in web application development, with experience in UI/UX and full-stack software development. We are seeking for an experienced tech leader (Principal Software Engineer) in frontend development who has worked on production web applications in at least one of the popular front-end web technologies (e.g. React, AngularJS). As part of the team, you will help define a scalable process and framework so that we can build and launch new analytics applications rapidly with high quality. Moreover, you will also help mentor and guide other specialists in the team and help the team scale as we go forward.
- Develop rich front-end applications using the latest front-end technology, e.g. React, AngularJS.
- Design efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to addressing potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Work with external Analytics partner teams to resolve integration and production issues.
- Mentor teammates and drive a culture of technical excellence.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, documentation, and operations
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software development experience, at least 2 years of tech lead experience in frontend or full-stack development.
- Experience with cloud environments like Amazon's AWS.
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to mentor others and coordinate a project across multiple developers.
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish.
- Full-stack software development experience.
- Proven experience with complex distributed architecture and software design.
- Proven experience with performance and scalability optimization.
- Good database development skills including SQL, a solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience building large-scale data processing systems.
- Experience in analytics.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU's, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits, daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.