World famous studio & titles
Expanding Melbourne Development team
Fostering innovation, risk taking & supporting talented team of artists, engineers, producers, & designers.
Creativity is key, and the studio is now looking for all-new talent and game developers for their exciting next project.
Principal /or Senior Rendering Engineer - 2 roles depending on experience
Seeking a Principal & Senior Software Engineer with a rendering technical emphasis to work on research and development. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team and help shape cutting-edge industry technology.
- Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug rendering pipeline and engine systems
- Deploy, evaluate performance and test software on Xbox One/PS4/Windows platforms
- Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design, animation and art teams
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
- Contribute to design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math-related field
- 10+ years (Principal) or 5+ years ( Senior) of experience working with rendering, animation and/or other related technologies
- Passion for character rendering and/or animation
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of CPU, GPU and memory architectures
- Experience writing Compute, pixel and/or vertex shaders
- Understanding of a modern 3D graphics API (OpenGL, Vulkan, Direct3D, or console equivalent)
- Familiarity using modern GPU/CPU performance analysis tools
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong background in C/C++
- Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Good communicator that enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists and designers
- Passion for code and data optimization
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
- Experience with linear blend and/or dual quaternion skinning
- Understanding of animation systems, including state machines, blend trees, low-level playback
- Familiarity with animation techniques like pose-space deformations and blend shapes
- Experience with physics-based ragdolls and IK systems
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded renderers
For more information please contact me anytime for full studio details.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games in Australia & New Zealand