Position at SEGA European Head Office
SEGA OF AMERICA - EMEA TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO SARAH WELLOCK, PR MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA of America is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team based in London. Known for quality and creativity above all else the EMEA Team look after SEGA's Japanese and ATLUS studios.
This role is based at SEGA's European Head Quarters, based in West London where you'll find a diverse range highly talented individuals from Sales, Marketing, PR to IT, QA and beyond.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
Working within the SEGA of America EMEA Team, this role is expected to assist the EMEA PR Team across a range of titles within the SEGA of America portfolio and to take the lead on appropriate projects. SEGA of America covers a diverse range of Franchises including: Yakuza, Persona, and Sonic the Hedgehog; they also cover exciting projects such as the SEGA Mega Drive Mini and Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
The role will work closely with the respective brand teams and SEGA EMEA team to represent and promote SEGA titles and products utilising our network of international distribution teams and PR agencies.
It will be the responsibility of the International PR Manager to assist the International PR Team with the distribution of assets, inputting ideas into Franchise PR plans and helping to execute these plans across EMEA region. Depending on the title responsibility, the PR Manager will be the first port of call for UK media they will be responsible for building relationships with key media as well as managing UK PR agencies both digital and physical. The role will be located at SEGA Europe's head office in Brentford.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a key role in the development, refinement and implementations of PR plans for all SEGA of America titles in EMEA regions working with SEGA's distribution team network and PR agencies
- Be the first port of call for UK gaming media and international media, keeping media lists up-to-date and your finger on the pulse with regards to movers and new media in the industry
- Work very closely with the Product Managers, Community Manager, and Sales team to maintain a synchronised team approach
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Brand teams, especially the PR teams to ensure timely asset delivery, code distribution and successful feature pitching
- Work closely with European distributors, partners & agencies to ensure timings and assets are scheduled to secure maximum coverage for each title in their territory
- Play a key role in the planning and organisation of press events locally and/or overseas for relevant titles where required, to ensure maximum coverage for products
- Pro-actively put together coverage reports across a range of titles to ensure internal communications remain strong and use all the analytics at your disposal to make them as informative as possible
- Use a combination of coverage data and creativity to come up with innovative ways of securing coverage that keep our communications fresh and interesting
- Work closely with the Community Manager to build better relations with key influencers
- Assist the wider Marketing Team with the organisation and implementation of key consumer and trade events
- Play a key role in the day-to-day management of PR agencies and distributor PR teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-years experience in a PR role or demonstrable excellence in a junior PR role
- A passion for and understanding of gaming; ideally JIP
- Experience working in a video games PR environment preferable but not essential
- A personable approach to relationship building with media
- Ability to work as part of a small and busy team
- Fluency in other languages a plus, especially Japanese
- Familiarity with event and tournament logistics and planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good project management & PR planning skills
- Desire to learn and willingness to take direction
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong reporting skills