A great opportunity to join our growing and stable studio in the vibrant heart of Liverpool city center. Firesprite was founded by the team behind Sony’s Liverpool Studio, best known for making the Wipeout games, and has gone on to create an envious portfolio of titles across many different genres.
We are seeking an experienced Network Programmer to form a core part of a small but experienced team on an incredibly exciting project. As one of our Network Programmers, you will be responsible for console implementation and maintenance of client-side networking.
You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join our successful, stable, and expanding the studio and create a game that’s guaranteed to be a massive hit across the globe!
- Deliver high-quality networking of gameplay systems and network heavy gameplay systems using appropriate levels of abstraction.
- Identify and debug networking problems quickly and efficiently.
- Help define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult networking problems.
- Use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency (for both development time and runtime performance).
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Expert in networking concepts and able to use networking primitives with minimal support.
- Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity, and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures).
- Awareness of multithreading concepts and able to use multi-threading primitives with guidance.
- Capable of reading and understanding game code.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Able to plan their work with some assistance.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience debugging issues in large and complex codebases
- A willingness and desire to learn, adapt and work outside of your comfort zone
- Approachable, with a proactive attitude towards cross-discipline communication
- Have shipped at least 1 game in a similar role.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
- Current console experience required.
- Working knowledge of Agile development.