This is your chance to work with one of the world’s leading VR and AR development studios. They’re at the cutting edge of VR, pushing new technology to its boundaries by creating games and business experiences for big industry names, including Microsoft, EA, Samsung and Amazon.
I'm looking for a talented Network Programmer who would love to join them, creating groundbreaking, state of the art VR / AR games and entertainment.
- To take ownership of networking and multiplayer features so they can be setup in a network safe and efficient way and the team is aware, and can work with the constraints attached to these features.
- To use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of networking systems and multiplayer gameplay features
- To collaborate with the rest of the team on solving various design challenges that relate to the multiplayer side and ensure a cohesive and engaging multiplayer experience
- To develop and maintain networking tools for testing and analysis of the multiplayer environment
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs, including optimizing network systems based on latency and bandwidth
Skills and Experience:
- You have developed and maintained the networking and/or multiplayer features of at least 1 game project.
- You have written a number of games and or hobby projects in C++ and have a proper understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures, visibility, etc…
- You have created at least 1 (hobby) project using the Unreal Engine providing you with basic understanding on creating blueprints, optimizing code through usage of C++ and the Unreal pipeline
- It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR
What's in it for you?:
- A great work-life balance with a zero-crunch policy
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues
- A great company to learn and share knowledge
- Benefits according to experience and job
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam