Plarium is looking for an outstanding Games Writer to help us craft the voice, UI text, and content of our legacy and in-development free-to-play titles.
As a strong candidate for this position, you have worked in a game studio and helped ship at least one successful title. You have an encyclopedic knowledge of free-to-play games. From casual to mid-core, you have a mental pool of great examples to draw from, and are familiar with a broad set of common game mechanics and features.
You have excellent lateral-thinking skills, can dig into stat calculations, and thrive in the space where game mechanics and writing intersect. You have spent time honing your professional writing skills, and can take a task from concept documentation to live update, while problem-solving, self-proofing, and editing your work independently.
If you have a sense of adventure, and the above describes your skillset - we want to talk to you.
What we expect
- Maintain quality standards of all English-language content through professional writing, proofing, and editing.
- Develop and play-test UI text and strings for mobile, PC, and social platforms.
- Support daily localization document workflow.
- Develop engaging, original game-related content for our players, including but not limited to: gameplay tips, push notifications, strategy guides, promotional copy, and storyboard texts.
- Conduct ad-hoc writing, proofing and editing as needed (including press releases, web copy, newsletters, collateral materials, game proposals and other written corporate materials and communication).
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, creating character backstories, brainstorming creative references, drafting wiki articles, codifying style, tone, etc.
- Strong creative writing skills, excellent grammar and spelling mandatory.
- Experience in game writing or English localization QA on at least one shipped game.
- Passion for video gaming and the video game industry necessary.
- Native English speaker.
- Experience working in cross-cultural and cross-studio environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a multicultural, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong logical and lateral thinking skills, and a problem-solving mindset.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Background in gaming, fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and other game-relevant creative material.
What we offer our Employees
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience in Journalism, Communication, English Literature, Creative Writing, Technical Writing, or related field.
- Copywriting/copy editing experience highly desirable.
- Experience writing for social and new media.
- Experience with video script-writing
- Experience using localization software.
- Experience working in Unity 3D.
- Your wellbeing: Flexible, hybrid work experience with talented professionals. Also, high work life balance derived from our people-oriented approach
- Your health: top notch health insurance to employees and immediate family. Furthermore, gym membership or a variety or workout options.
- Your future: personal and professional tools to assist with your development and journey.
- Your contribution: A variety of social and charitable initiatives, that we take pride in.
- And if that wasn't enough a fully and over the top stocked kitchen that will make any supermarket envious......