Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a Marketing Artist & Animator you're creative, enthusiastic and has some rounded skills including 2D, animation and video edition that would love to apply to games.
You'll be part of a development team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
"I make our games look awesome and convince millions of people to play them!"
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Creating outstanding 2D artwork including ads, icons, key art and more with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Video editing and animation for trailers, advertisements and more.
- You'll be part of an agile and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 70 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important design and marketing decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.Skills and requirements
- We're creating a team so we're considering different levels for experience (from a few months to several years).
- Outstanding sketching / drawing skills and 2D artwork
- Video editing and animation experience
- Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and team player attitude
- A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
- You love either console or mobile games, preferably both
We do we offer
- Interest in how visual art and creative production can influence consumer behaviour
- Appreciation of analytical production methods (A/B testing etc.)
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.Our philosophy
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.Application
If you are suitable for this role, please include with your application sketching / drawing examples either within your portfolio or as separate links.