QA and Localisation
Contract | Full Time
The French Localization Specialist will work alongside the localization lead to deliver translation, proofreading, and other language services. This is a full time, salary based position for someone who will be a core member of the localization team. He or she will also work closely with fellow team members from various departments on all editorial facets of our products. This requires a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances in the language of expertise. The right candidate must be willing to complete test pieces as a part of the recruitment process.
· Translating and Editing of in game content, templates, press releases, and all product-related text in the language of expertise.
· Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in the language of expertise.
· Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
· Reviewing, revising, and proofing copy in the language of expertise.
· Interacting with fellow localization team members and project coordinators from various departments outside of the editing department on a daily basis.
· Reporting of project status and project progress to the Localization Lead on a regular basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Fluent (Native level) French Speaker
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience in a similar role
· Several years of gaming translation experience
· Knowledge of common CAT tools such as Memsource, MemoQ, Trados and/or similar
· Able to work independently and cross functionally
· Able to work within given timeframes and tight schedules
· Passion for and experience in gaming
· Experience of the fantasy lore and its common glossary
· We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter and CV.
· Mobile application doesn’t include CV, therefore please apply with a computer.
Kakao Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe individual differences and diversity plays an important role in our company culture.
Keep Calm and waka waka...