How does working on one of the most mysterious projects in gaming sound; exciting right?
From their minimalist website, to the numerous rumours surrounding the project, this new studio founded by true industry pioneers has definitely got the games community’s heart pounding.
Now is your chance to join them in this DevOps Lead position, reporting directly to the Live Product Director. As DevOps Lead, you will be responsible for the systems, architecture, and maintenance of the Live Ops stack for the most mysterious project in gaming!
In this role, you will work closely with the networking, analytics, operations, customer care, and engine teams to build infrastructure to support the game’s deployment and operational stack. This will include working with, but not limited to, Kubernetes, AWS, Kinesis, Perforce, Jenkins, and Helios.
You will also be responsible for the initial hiring and onboarding of the Dev Ops team, including server and tools engineers, to ensure that both the Live Ops and development teams have a robust development, testing, and deployment pipeline.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Create Live Operational architecture and SLAs, in conjunction with Live Ops direction and network teams
- Gather requirements from Live Ops teams and create tools and services to support development, deployment, and live services
- Maintain player-facing (support/community) and developer-facing (security, support, community and analytics) systems and integrations
- Interface with network and engine teams to build, test, and optimise live server stacks and deployment pipelines
- Hire, train, and mentor Dev Ops engineers, including server, tools, and frontend engineers
- Create automation processes for development, testing, deployment, and scaling of systems
- Plan, execute, and analyse load and stress tests across systems
- Ensure high uptime on all game operations systems
- Cooperate, communicate, and coordinate with both internal BARB studios and outsourcers/external partners
The Skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years experience in a live gaming Dev Ops environment, preferably PC/console games
- Expertise in CI/CD pipelines
- Confident with building, maintaining, and managing cloud infrastructure, network stacks, and integration
- Experience with client and infrastructure monitoring in a 24/7, always-on, service environment
- A history of working with Windows development environments
- Competent in building and maintaining cloud and bare metal infrastructure
- Experience in managing network stacks and firewalls
- Capable with Kubernetes or other similar platforms
- Knowledeable about AWS or other similar platforms
- Experience working with Lumberyard, Unreal, Cryengine, or similar game engines in a Dev Ops environment
- Previous experience of team management as a Senior, Lead, or Mentor.
- Comfortable in agile operational practices
- Project architecture and planning acumen
Interested? Get in touch!