Austin, United States
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Arkane Studios is seeking a Lighting Artist who possesses the ability to light our environments and characters for AAA video games. This position requires an understanding of modern lighting techniques and an eye for artistic excellence.
· Create and maintain all elements of lighting, including dynamic, static, cinematic, and character setups.
· Work with Art and Design to create compelling and dramatic lighting scenarios for gameplay and cinematics
· Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements
· Match the established visual style for the game with lighting execution
· Develop and implement new techniques into the lighting pipeline
· 3+ Years of industry experience, preferably focused on lighting
· Working knowledge of modern lighting techniques in Next-Gen video games
· Expert level proficiency within Maya, Photoshop, and other 3rd party software used in lighting
· Working knowledge of technical art and performance pipelines
· Self-motivated and the ability to work and solve problems with minimal assistance
· Highly organized with the ability to adhere to production schedules
· Well-developed communication skills and strong work ethic
· A strong understanding of color theory and the influences of lighting on mood and story narrative
· AAA development Experience
· Training in traditional art mediums (painting, sculpting, etc.)
· Knowledge of current engine technology such as CRYENGINE, UDK, or Unity
· Experience with lighting using a Physically Based Renderer
As part of the application process, please be sure to submit an online portfolio
Keep Calm and waka waka...