Cloud Imperium Games is looking for Level Designers to join our team here in Frankfurt, Germany. Under the directions of the Lead Level Designer you will be working closely with the Environment Art team to create realistic, high quality layouts and whiteboxes for the Star Citizen Persistent Universe.
- Designing locations and create whiteboxes for realistic space and surface environments.
- Designing modular rooms and layouts to be used with our procedural tool as well as using said tool to generate layouts for space and surface locations.
- Designing whitebox prototypes for modular components and common elements used in our locations.
- Creating documentation for locations in cooperation with the Narrative team.
- Working closely with the Environment Art team to ensure a balance between gameplay requirements and visual direction.
- Contributing to design discussions and help solving design challenges within the games' setting.
- Implement location markup, AI and interactive objects to bring our locations to life.
- 3+ years of professional game production experience.
- Previous experience in building realistic and believable environments.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Previous experience in AAA games.
- Experience working on at least 1 large scale, 3D title.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to create design proposals for peer reviews.
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Positive team-oriented attitude.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a good organisational and problem-solving skill.
- Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints.
- Experience with current 3D game engines.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- International Travel may be required as part of the role.
- Good knowledge of Lumberyard and/or CryEngine.
- Knowledge of architectural and spatial design for building believable environments.
- Interest in Science Fiction based genres/themes (games, books, movies).
- Experience with working in a multi studio environment
- Knowledge of Confluence or other documentation systems.
- Shipped (from pre-production to release) 1 large scale, 3D title (PC, current/next-gen consoles).