Arkane Studios - France @ Lyon, FR
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. We are also proud to announce our newest upcoming title, "Deathloop" - an innovative take on first-person action!
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999. Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in Lyon town center.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program, etc.
Arkane Studios is searching a Level Designer to be in charge of translating game design into playable and fun maps.
- Candidate should understand the values of the game design philosophy behind action adventure stealth games such as the Dishonored series
- Candidate should embrace the Systemic design philosophy
- A solid understanding of player psychology
- Experience using game-specific editing packages
- Game scripting experience using Kismet, Lua or similar
- Relevant experience with the tools used for the development of AAA games (Perforce or similar, Bugs data base, etc)
- Quality oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Produce the level design documentation of his/her maps, including mission’s intentions and high-level concepts.
- Create the level layouts (simplified level geometry) in collaboration with the level artists and architects.
- Implement gameplay events into the maps (enemies encounters, narrative scenes, maps objectives, etc..) by using specialized tools (world editor, scripting system...)
- Make sure his /her map is compliant with the technical constraints and check on a regular basis if his/her map is functional on all platforms
- Work closely with the art department and collaborate with all game development disciplines all along the maps iterations
- Analyze and fix level design bugs