LEVEL DESIGNER, Brighton, UK
design missions the player can experience that combine incredible level design, smart use of mechanics and interesting characters to surprise and delight
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Mission Designer to join the team in Brighton and help to form the core of a new design group. As far as our games are concerned, Missions are stories the player can experience that combine incredible level design, smart use of mechanics and interesting characters to surprise and delight.
What You Will Do:
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You will document, build, implement, bug-fix and "own" your ideas, overseeing them from concept through to final release
- You will create innovative gameplay experiences that immerse the player in the game
- You will cooperate with the entire design team and other departments to maximize use of existing game systems, and support the needs of fellow developers
- You will prototype and pitch your own design ideas to the team
- You will mentor junior designers, helping them improve their design practices
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- You have a proven track record of at least one shipped title
- You're comfortable with both conceptual and practical aspects of game design
- You are experienced with 3D world and level building tools
- You work well in a small team, are open to constructive criticism, and know how to listen to feedback, as well as give professional feedback to others
- You're comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
- You're self-motivated and proactive
- You have experience with one or more of the following:
- Quest or Mission design; player flow through a space, player goals
- Mechanics and level experience; player mechanics, system design, etc.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
Who We Are:
- You have experience with programming or scripting
- You have experience developing Open World games
- You have a passion for creating rich narrative experiences
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together - the belief that "Every Player's Story is Unique." We are comprised of a diverse group of people, from industry veterans with experience working on big franchises, to talented former indie entrepreneurs and recent graduates. Hangar 13 is based in four vibrant locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based within our brand new Brighton location, who will partner with the other Hangar 13 sites in California and the Czech Republic to develop all of our future games as one global team. Led by General Manager Nick Baynes, Hangar 13's Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games using bleeding-edge proprietary engine technology.