Arkane Studios - France @ Lyon, FR
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. We are also proud to announce our newest upcoming title, "Deathloop" - an innovative take on first-person action!
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999. Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in Lyon town center.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program, etc.
Arkane Studios is seeking talented Level Artists for a recently announced new IP!
- Sensibility for architectural spaces, volume in general, circulation, lighting, details distribution and image composition
- 2+ years of game industry and/or significant modding experience is preferable
- Good handling and experience of at least one 3D software such as Maya, 3D Max, etc., for modeling
- Good handling and experience of at least one game editor such as Unreal, Source, CryEngine, etc.
- Identify and support gameplay needs and capable of working within technical constraints of a game level
- Understanding of modular construction methods as it relates to design, memory and performance
- A self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for games
- Basic lighting knowledge desired
- Experience in photography, cinema or other related domains is a plus
- Work with Level Designers to design and build levels, to make gameplay and 3D space function harmoniously up until game release
- Partner with Level Designers who will provide narration, game ideas and scripting; and collaborate with the Environment Artists who provide art support for textures, final models, etc.
- Propose ideas and visual references for game locations
- Work out the details and concept modular systems of architecture for levels
- Assemble levels with the textures and 3D models provided by Environment Artists
- Produce 3D environmental asset variations, if needed, based on assets created by Environment Artists
- Optimize the final levels for performance
- Utilize the game engine efficiently to create maps that run smoothly on consoles
- Work with the Lead Level Artist and the Level Art Director to ensure artistic unity with the entire project