Royal Leamington Spa
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Playground Games is looking to grow their world class team with a highly skilled and experienced Lead VFX Artist, with exceptional knowledge of creating real-time in-game effects and researching, visualising and animating natural and spectacular looking effects.
As a Lead VFX Artist, you must be able to direct yourself as well as others and heavily influence projects within a multi-discipline team. As such we are looking for someone who can bring a strong creative vision to our projects and communicate this via your developed communication and collaboration skills. You'll have the ability to build and maintain a vision that can help compliment the look of a game, conceptualising and creating natural and realistic effects, all working in real time, whilst being familiar with and conscious of pipeline issues and limitations, as well as prioritising and optimising VFX to deliver fantastic results in-game.
Ideally, you'll have an appreciation of a broad range of art styles, and the ability to emulate this through art work in engine, using your grasp of the principles of animation, dynamics and lighting. As an experienced professional, you'll have strong planning and organisational ability, and will enjoy collaborating with engineering teams to develop new technologies, innovations and processes, implementing these into future systems as appropriate.
- Experience working within VFX on published titles in a Lead position or similar.
- Good knowledge of 3D packages (Max, Maya, Houdini, etc.), as well as experience working with real-time particle and VFX editors.
- A strong understanding of technical considerations for VFX.
- Able to communicate with artists, technical team members and studio leadership.
- Strong interest in self-development of managerial skills, overseeing the work of other team members and mentoring and developing junior staff.
- A good understanding of shader and texture creation.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your particle and VFX work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a strong, collaborative team.
Keep Calm and waka waka...