Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: We are working from home!
Number of Openings: 1
WHAT IMPACT CAN A LEAD SOLUTIONS ENGINEER HAVE AT ESG?
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. As a Lead Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the IdleKit team managing a team of Solution Engineers where you'll work directly with internal partners and external customers. You will take existing frameworks and adapt them to the technology of each client's individual needs.
You thrive in a client-facing environment, utilizing your exceptional communication skills, to solve complex technical problems for partners using our framework, Idle Kit.
WHAT IS IDLEKIT?
IdleKit is East Side Games core technology platform that enables our internal games and external partnership games. The IdleKit team operates as an independent business unit that productizes our platform and actively publishes new games under the East Side Games brand.
We're a remote-first studio and encourage all applications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Effectively lead and support a team of Solution Engineers
- Build the Solution Engineering team as the key decision maker and assist in problem solving and coaching.
- Write custom implementations as needed for VIP customers
- Manage the pipeline for technical documentation
- Present our framework to our partners and customers, while assisting and adapting the technology to their particular needs.
- Champion new features and functionality for the product based on the needs of our customers.
- Leverage your technical skills to discover business requirements and demonstrate solutions that add business value.
- Collaborate with the development team to continually develop and improve our framework.
- Communicate delays or timeline changes to the team and customers to embody our commitment of releasing products the right way the first time.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
- 3+ years of experience managing a team.
- 6+ years of experience in game programming, simulation programming, or games middleware. Intermediate- or Senior-level Engineering experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge of game development and platforms.
- Extensive understanding of Unity-based C# game development.
- You will be enabling and championing studios that are actively building the newest, shiniest mobile titles. It's crucial that you understand the game development cycle in order to provide an amazing customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to travel (One day... someday)
We are East Side Games - a pillar in beautiful Vancouver's gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don't suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we've defined the narrative idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally... And we're just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that's what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We're also a remote-first studio and encourage all applications!WE'RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio's growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you're enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the "Apply Here" button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let's build great games together!
We can't wait to hear from you!
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Due to a small (but completely awesome) recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!