Position at Hardlight
Role Overview - Lead Software Engineer (Porting)
We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer to oversee all game porting projects at SEGA HARDlight. You'd be working closely with many different SEGA studios on new and existing IPs, to bring these much loved titles to new platforms - including Google Stadia, Microsoft Game Pass, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo etc. You'd work on a variety of custom engines and Unity based projects, so experience with C++ and C# is important. Strong communication skills are vital, both written and verbal, as you'll be working with studios from around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to bring SEGA titles to a larger audience, and to be instrumental in creating a fantastic working relationship between many SEGA studios.
- Lead the engineering team to achieve project goals and deliver high quality game experience
- Help with planning, work estimation, resource requirements and tasks scheduling
- Collaborate with the other department leads to complete work on time to a high standard
- Collaborate with the studio technical management to conceive and maintain a high standard of technical architecture
- Oversee and mentor engineering team members
- Oversee game releases - client releases coordinated with server deployments
- Adhere to and enforce good engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better.
Essential Skills & Experience
Why work at HARDlight?
- Strong engineering skills are essential. You have a high level of C++ or C# experience, and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology
- You have shipped multiple titles as a senior engineer and preferably in a lead position
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity
- Experience developing and shipping titles using a game engine. Unity experience is a bonus.
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial, as well as experience with networking, database engines and server infrastructure
- Experience with running a live product, regular update releases and LiveOps is beneficial.
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the 'Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.