We are looking for an experience, passionate and ambitious Lead Server Programmer to work on our online-game backend technology in Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The Lead Server Programmer will develop and enhance online-backend systems used across Crytek games. Ideal candidate has experience with functional requirements of online-services from perspective of realtime/game applications, working with/architecting scalable compute clusters, network traffic analysis etc. The position involves working with cross-disciplinary groups, including interaction with game design and programming teams.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
Back to all jobs Share
- Lead the server programming discipline and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Develop and support reliable and high performance online services, help integrate them into company's products.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and other programming Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Proactively drive your team and improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Create accurate task duration estimate and completes all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Display excellent communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Debug and optimize latest console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 7+ years of professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Shipped at least 1 online game on either console or PC from beginning to end.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Direct responsibility for performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Excellent programming skills in either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Debugging/optimization skills.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Experience with network programming.
- Self-direction and motivation.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Solid English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Experience with Actor Model, CSP or other concurrent programming model. // - e.g.: C# tasks, go routines, Erlang.
- Python language skills.
- Relational database programming experience (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Has used UML or some similar modelling approach in the past.
- Experience providing mentorship to other programmers.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
- Unix/Linux systems programming experience.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- Experience in the game industry.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!