Stainless Games requires a proactive and skilled Lead Tester to join the QA team at its offices on the Isle of Wight in the UK.
As a part of a fast-paced and active department, you will be responsible for leading the work performed by a team of dedicated internal testers. This includes creating test plans and supporting documentation, assigning out daily tasks and database management as well as performing hands-on QA Testing, bug investigation and bug reporting.
- Assign work to the team in a structured and effective manner
- Create and maintain test plans, smoke test sheets and daily reports
- Lead smoke tests and specific checks in a consistent and thorough manner as part of a structured test plan
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded in an efficient and informative manner and assist in maintaining the bug database
- Use investigative skills to find problems, assisting programmers and artists with reproducing and validating bugs
- Verify the implementation of features and fixes for existing issues (regression)
- Training/assisting hiring of new QA staff members
- At least two years of recent experience in a functional QA department within an entertainment software environment, including proven experience of supervising others
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Experience in formulating and maintaining test plans
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently
- Self-motivated and the ability to use initiative when required
- Computer literate in word processing, record keeping, database handling. Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team player
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- At least one year of experience in a supervisory capacity in an entertainment software environment
- Experience working alongside development teams (embedded/internal)
- Extensive knowledge of bug tracking software such as Jira
- Knowledge and/or experience with TCR/TRC requirements / Apple Store Review Guidelines and Google Play policies/core app requirements
- Experience with testing on the following platforms:
- Experience with automated testing and scripting for automation.
- Experience with live titles/cloud-based games, remote data delivery methods and analytics.
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Casual dress
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours
When applying, please provide a cover letter, CV and any relevant links to work if possible.