Los Cristianos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Programming and Development
Permanent | Full Time
We are looking for a Lead Programmer to join our team, to work on a new unannounced game.
This is an opportunity to join the team in a critical role, during the prototyping and pre-production phase.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate strong leadership and coding skills.
This role is located in Tenerife and will provide a relocation package and competitive salary for the right candidate.
– Lead and mentor the team of programmers: share your experience, expertise, and lead by example.
– Be a champion for quality at the studio having a “player-first” attitude, actively working to improve the player experience.
– Define objectives and be committed to meeting these on time.
– Take ownership of the code architecture and technical quality.
– Actively write code for systems / features alongside other programmers.
– Support Production in defining and planning the scope of the game.
– Identify risks within development and actively provide solutions.
– Establish and drive best practices amongst the team.
– Communicate and collaborate with other disciplines including Design, Art & QA.
– Work closely with the Lead Designer to ensure that feature requirements are met.
– Extensive experience using Unity.
– Extensive experience using C#.
– Experience developing games for PC and Console platforms.
– Excellent leadership skills.
– An understanding of networking.
– Excellent communications skills
– Excellent problem-solving skills.
– Quality focused, with a “player-first” approach.
– Highly organised, self-motivated and proactive individual.
– Knowledge of version control such as Github.
– A solid understanding of physics games.
– Prior experience in a senior / leadership role.
Nice to have:
– Experience working on character action / 3D platformers.
– Experience in implementing networking for games.
Keep Calm and waka waka...