London, United Kingdom
Programming and Development
Permanent | Full Time
Lead Programmer – Full Time
Roll7 is a small and fiercely independent BAFTA and multi award winning studio with a small team
of 8 people. We pride ourselves on our creativity and are best known for our original, innovative
and critically acclaimed IP.
We are committed to excellence in all parts of game development, and we strive to make the
process as inclusive and exciting, offering large degrees of ownership and autonomy to our team.
See our for Staff Benefits and Company Culture
Roll7 run development remotely and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast
majority of their work at home (9/10 days). Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses
will be supplied as required. One day a fortnight we work from central London as a team,
therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.
We are looking for a remarkable Lead Programmer who will be responsible for leading and
mentoring a small team of programmers (~ 5) while collaborating with our Creative Director,
Producer, Art Lead and QA.
£ Competitive DOE
22 March 2019
• Create the Architecture and Technical Plan for our latest IP.
• Code various core systems alongside our Generalist Programmer
• 60% Coding / 40% planning and management split.
• Help us build, lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level.
• Determine the technical needs for the team to work on a project assigned or third-party
• Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
• Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during development cycle and
identify area of improvement.
• Encourage team to create a strong technical document on different development
• Set up processes while working in collaboration with other teams (internal or external) to
efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
• Plan and evaluate the work performed by team and analyse the impact on the project.
• Identify risks involved with the development of games and provide solutions to resolve
• Provide estimate time to complete programming task/objectives and be committed to
• Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
• 5+ years of experience of programming in C#
• 2+ years of relevant experience as a team lead
• Experience in Unity game development and passion for games.
• In depth experience with Unity.
• Very strong skills in C# and Object Oriented Programming.
• Experience with Console Development
• Strong analytical skills.
• Should be familiar with performance bottlenecks and ways to resolve them, multi-
threading, OS concepts, System programming,Optimization etc....
• Very strong debugging skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong reporting and documentation skills.
• Problem-solving and open minded.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt new technical changes as per project need.
• Preferably worked on any game console or iOS/Android
• Knowledge of OpenGL, DirectX and Physics Engine.
• Knowledge of Network / Live API such as Gamesparks / Playfab.
• Strong command on 3D maths and physics
• Some experience with Remote work or working with Remote Teams
Keep Calm and waka waka...