Lead Level Designer (236)
£0 - £0 Per Hour
Royal, United States
Games and Level Design
Permanent | Full Time
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Lead, mobilise and develop team of level designers within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the level design of the project.
Producer or Associate Producer as appropriate
Members of the level design team at all levels
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and give feedback on level design content to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's creative direction and deadlines;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the level design team meets expectations;
- Manage the onboarding process for new starters in their team;
- Communicate the results of any prototypes and designs to other disciplines in order to validate level design intentions and ensure they fit with the creative vision;
- Identify requirements of any designs and communicate these to the appropriate teams in order that required content is created;
- Identify any additional programming requirements, specify the requirement and test the delivered product;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Qualifications Additional Information
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
Ubisoft reserves the right to close this advert earlier should we feel we have received sufficient applications.
Keep Calm and waka waka...