Welcome to Bossa Studios! An immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, London-based studio behind several critically acclaimed, YouTube-renowned hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming meme culture (Shhhâ€¦ I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread and the BAFTA-winning Monstermind.
At the heart of Bossaâ€™s unique way of working - whether thatâ€™s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for collaboration; collaboration between our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
Our mission is to make the most memorable gaming experiences possible! And to that end, we host an office-wide Game Jam once a month. From HR, to Marketers, to Game Designers, everyone splits into small teams in order to make a brand new game based on that monthâ€™s particular theme. The impact this has on Bossa culture, in terms of creativity, autonomy and teamwork, is prolific! We create 5-10 new and always incredibly innovative jamlets (what we call our early playable games!) on a monthly basis, and over our nine years of existence, weâ€™ve selected the best ones to be brought to market, half of which have gone on to become multi-million-dollars IPs.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for youâ€¦
We are looking for a seasoned Lead Game Developer to provide leadership to the development team for one of our new and unannounced games all the way through launch and beyond.
The Lead Game Developer will help direct the technology on the project with the advice of the CTO.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team, helping to deliver quality software within approve deadlines
- Designing code architecture, implementing, debugging, optimising system to extend the game feature set
- Ensuring quality of the code you write, creating amazing gameplay experiences in a clean, efficient, and polished way
- Helping your team at large with solving technical issues
- Supporting your fellow programmers with code, design reviews and mentoring
- Participating in all of Bossaâ€™s games life cycles with suggestions and feedback as well as generating new game concept during our regular game jams
- Care for providing great experience to players, proving out great ideas never seen before and growing them together with our gaming community
- Yearning for improvement through honest feedback from your peers and the community
- Belief that â€the best wayâ€ is not written in stone and changes for the better are welcome
- Passion for making and playing games across genres
- Creative, innovative, and conscientious in solving complex technical problems
- Focused but adaptable; flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong academic background, with ability to get up to speed on the newest technologies including
- Procedural generation and machine learning
- Experience leading medium size teams
- Experience with delivering code for games, having shipped at least 3 successful games
- Experience making games with Unity using C#
- Comfortable use of Source control
- Experience with rapid prototyping and agile or iterative game development
- Used to work in teams, with an appreciation for all the different skills needed to build a game
- Experience with development of multiplayer systems
- Interest or experience with Procedural content generation or machine learning a definite plus
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Private Medical Insurance â€" Provided by Bupa
- Life Assurance â€" Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme â€" We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Work from home days and flexible core hours 10.00-16.00 (standard hours 09.30-18.00)
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to Â£1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan â€" Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - Free snacks, fruit and drinks
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events